Tuesday 1 May 2012

What a beautiful day! I stood in at school today for the year 2 teaching assistant. I enjoyed it so much. I delivered a 20 minute session of phonics recapping on the sound they did yesterday which was IR as in girl and stir and then went on to do a new sound EW. I felt like a bit of an impostor but at the same time they treated me just like a teacher. I could hear myself talking and I actually sounded like a teacher. I can't wait until I really am one! It's so exciting. In literacy they are working on riddles. Riddles are quite tricky really because the first clues need to be quite vague and then they need to get more specific towards the end. The children did some fun games with different fruit and worked in pairs giving each other clues as to what fruit they were. After the games they each chose a fruit to be, they then made themselves an information sheet about that fruit that they can use tomorrow to write their own riddles. Quite gutted that I won't be there tomorrow! After morning break we did numeracy/science. Using lots of pink tinted water we investigated the capacity of different receptacles using a cup and doing estimates before actually measuring.

Tomorrow I shall be with year one, weather permitting we will be going back to the play park to investigate ideas of push and pull.

I have spent the first part of the afternoon drinking a coffee in the garden of a good friend, soaking up the sunshine. Long may it last! Some days are so good. The house is a tip, it smells of dog and there are random shoes in odd places and piles of clean washing to put away. I have no idea what delight I am cooking up for dinner tonight, and I haven't rung my Mum for over a week. I won't think any harder about what else is on the 'to do' list or I might start to feel less like smiling! Phase 2 of the day is about to begin as the children finish school in the next half an hour. We must now prepare questions so that my son can interview the ranger from the nature reserve tomorrow. We will no doubt have reading and maths homework to do, then later this evening my husband is planning to take our son to the cinema in Lyme Regis to watch the new Marvel film..... oooh that was school on the phone, daughter has sore tummy and diarrhea! Must dash!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment