Tuesday 8 May 2012

Can't believe the time! The day has just flown by. I had my poorly son on the sofa all day so I've been giving him some TLC as well as washing about 7 loads of washing, including bedding and swimming towels. It's never ending. Anyway, My daughter has her first wobbly tooth. She is ecstatic. I don't think she could be happier or smile more if she tried. She is delighted to be able to tell everyone that she needs to avoid apples and carrots, and that it takes her twice as long now to clean her teeth because she has to be so careful of the wobbly one. The biggest excitement lies in the imminent visit of the tooth fairy. She doesn't care about the cash, just the fact that a real life fairy will be dancing across her pillow. Isn't that lovely. I guess that if I thought a real life fairy was actually going to be in my room, I'd be pretty excited too. She must think we are rather blase about the whole thing. My poor son woke the last time he lost a tooth to find that the tooth fairy must have been over-worked and running behind schedule, and that he, or she, had actually not managed to get to him. I also was horrified in the morning. In fact totally mortified! I have since written to the fairies and emphatically insisted that this NEVER happen again. My son is 10 and is already doubtful about some of the supernatural things that are part and parcel of childhood. He isn't sure though yet. I really hope Father Christmas and the tooth fairy keep coming to our house for a few more years yet. It's all a bit ridiculous when you think about it logically, but it's so magical too. What a world to live in. So many children never experience that magic, and I think that is almost more devastating, than some of the other injustices in this very unfair world.

No comments:

Post a Comment