Friday 18 May 2012

What a lovely relaxing day I've had. I've done some washing and a little bit of clothes tidying, although not much seeing as the ebay hangers haven't arrived yet. I've spent most of the day on the kitchen sofa, in front of the fire. It's not often that I laze around, so when I do, it feels sooooo good. My husband is 38 today. He prefers 38 to 37 because he doesn't like being an odd number. He does the school run on a Friday, and he was chuffed to have a friend remark on how slim and trim he's looking at the gates. He's been on a diet, well not really a diet, we have just been making a conscious effort to eat more healthily; to eat less carbs, we eat hardly any meat any way, and my hubby has cut out the snacks, crisps, sweets and cheesy chips from work.
We got two lamb bones from the butchers this morning for the dogs. It's amazing what it does for peace and quiet in the house. They are both guarding the bones, especially the girl Millie (we call her Mildge now, my daughter coined it), she has barely set foot out of the basket all day!
My husband has prepared a lovely curry for tomorrow night, and this evening, we have been to Lyme Regis for birthday dinner on the cobb. The cobb is the area on the sea front near the harbour, for those of you who are not familiar with Lyme. We ate in a lovely pub, really nice atmosphere and good mixture of young and old. It was quite lively with a pool table and a nice restaurant area tucked round a corner, away from the busier bar. It was called The Royal Standard. I had pan seered local scallops with salad and new potatoes for £14.95, husband had homemade cottage pie with veg at £9.95 and the children's meals were £5, one had fish, chips and peas and the other had yorkie, mash, sausage and gravy. We were disappointed. The portions were small, the fish was over cooked, the yorkie was like a bullet, the Cottage pie was flavourless with not even cheese on top, my spuds tasted re-heated, the scallops came with the coral and hadn't even been seasoned, the salad was mixed leaves and 3 halves of baby tomato so, all in all it was a bit disappointing. Nowhere near as nice as The Harbour Inn in Axmouth. We live and learn.
There is a battleship moored just outside the harbour in Lyme. My son says it's there for something to do with the Diamond Jubilee.

Yes, just looked it up, it's The HMS Edinburgh, a type 42 destroyer. There will be visits to the boat for £2 on Saturday but tickets were on a first come first served basis, and started being sold on Wednesday so I guess they will be sold out by now, seeing as there were only 180. My son would have loved that!
Anyway, there was a really nice atmosphere along the cobb in Lyme this evening, a real buzz and a feeling of Friday night in town. It's beautiful in Lyme, but somehow I am always glad to visit, and glad to come home again to Seaton.
This weekend, my daughter has the class teddy bear Hugo, for us all to entertain. It's her most favourite thing in all the world. He came for the meal with us, he now has his jamas on and has had his teeth cleaned and is in bed with her 2 other teddies Maggie and Snowy, listening to her singing those blooming songs! He had to hide his eyes when snowy got her jamas on because he's a boy and she is a girl. She is hoping that one day, they might be boyfriend and girlfriend. Ahhhhhhh........
My son is off to a paintball birthday party at 10 tomorrow. He's never done that before and is so so excited. My daughter is off to Back to Broadway again with my friend. Tomorrow they have some professional make up artists coming in to do a workshop. They will be doing prosthetic make up stuff with the children which sounds like great fun. We are SO lucky!
Husband and I will be at home trying to fit a dog flap. The instructions are just 2 pictures with no writing so it doesn't bode well. I shall let you know how we get on.
I hope you all have a great weekend. Thank you so much to all my lovely friends who keep reading my witterings, and saying such lovely things. Your comments are so nice to hear. To my friend who's son is getting stick,  I hope the situation can be sorted and that he hasn't felt too upset by it all. He is such an adorable boy, he was here this week and I loved hearing him and my 2 talking about the war wounds of their youth. He's one in a million you know, and what you said about charisma is spot on!

No comments:

Post a Comment