Thursday 24 May 2012

It's really hard to write anything that's going to make sense when I am so tired! I had a chat with my son tonight, during which he got extremely upset and angry, and I didn't shout at all. After telling me he hated me and that I don't love him (never said that before!) he finally told me in still quite a sketchy way, what happened with the writing on the wall incident. The poor boy is having such a hard time making decisions and working things out at the moment. I just don't know what to say to make things better for him. Should I play it down or play it up, be analytical or not give it too much importance? Go for the hard line punishment and forget it approach or the understanding, we all make mistakes approach? He contradicts himself all the time so I am either asking the wrong questions, or putting them to him in the wrong way, or more likely he just doesn't know how to explain how he feels. I love him so dearly, all I want is for him to be happy with who he is. He takes things to heart, is so black and white and sees things in such extremes.
He did say he was really sorry for saying he hated me, and that he knows I love him very much. I hope he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment