Wednesday 16 May 2012

I have just discovered that my friends husband is today, on the plane to Athens to collect the Olympic torch! How exciting!!! Apparently, he engineered it. His children are taking it to school tomorrow (NO surely that can't be true????) As with any big national/international event, the build up has been intense and lasted literally years. I can't believe the games don't actually start, until the end of July! There is also a big football thing happening this year, and the Queens Jubilee. What the hell will we all talk about when that's all over?
I was in my daughters class this morning, helping with reading and story writing. They are making bunting. Each child is designing and making a fabric triangle to commemorate the Jubilee. They also have planned a big tea party on the school field, and a concert of songs through the decades, including S Club 7 and JLS. I am now home, swamped in clothes. I have recently, very kindly been given 7 bin liners full of clothes. Mostly for me from a dear friend with a fantastic taste in clothes. There are also 3 sacks for the children from another friend. This now means though, that I in turn, have to have a massive clearout. Either that or I need a bigger house! Mac cheese is ready, except I have run out of cheese for on top so I will have to grab that on the way home from school.
I shall continue later........
It's 10.30pm now, where does the time go? Tonight was Rainbows for one, and Scouts for the other. A friend for tea and his lovely Mum for a cuppa. Kids are both bathed and in bed and the ironing is done. There is never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment