Monday 14 May 2012

My poor son today, is broken. Hours of SATS and concentration followed by a badly grazed elbow in last play time, equaled uncontrollable tears and weeping when he walked through the door. My daughter was really distressed to see her brother in such a state. I cleaned up his grazes and gave him some ibuprofen, then realised he was supposed to be at rangers club in 15 minutes! That just made him sob more when he realised that he wanted to go, but that he just didn't have the energy to even get changed, let alone get there and join in. My daughter and I gave him crisps and chocolate. I collected clothes for him to wear and we peeled his uniform off and propped him up as he pulled on the clothes. The chocolate started to kick in and he managed to pull his own coat on and we bundled him in the car and got him down to the marshes. I explained to the ranger that he was tired and emotional and she and I both agreed that the fresh air and activity would help him unwind and do him good. Poor thing!!!! At least the sun has come out for him, and they are seeing what has been caught in humane mammal traps that were set at lunch time today. He's done that before and he loved it. I've finished most of his project, I did the glossary, page numbers and contents and index today. He has to do a conclusion when he gets in though. I can't imagine he's going to be in the mood for that. It has to be handed in tomorrow. Thank goodness! Although it's no relief for my son really, as he has more SATS for the rest of the week. I am planning to stuff some chicken breasts now. I don't feel much like it, and I don't have any cocktail sticks. I hope it turns out as easy as it looks on the you tube demonstration. I am constantly amazed at how you can learn to do anything on you tube. French knitting, replacing a shed roof, stuffing a chicken breast. It's all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment