Tuesday 15 May 2012

I tried the healing thing, but I don't think I have quite mastered it yet, either that or I just don't have the gift! I have the rottonist stinker of a cold. I have been at school all morning under the influence of Actifed, which is strong stuff. I now feel like I have been run over by a steam roller. I slept really badly and I can feel myself slipping into that really low state I was in after Christmas. I CANNOT go there again. I will do whatever it takes to get well as quickly as possible. I need chicken soup. I need lots of water and I need to rest and sleep as much as is humanly possible.
The marshes did my son a world of good last night, he relaxed and enjoyed himself looking at all the little mammals they trapped, and releasing them back onto the reserve. He especially like the shrew with it's cute pointy nose. He has more SATS today, but at least the flippin project is finished.
My daughters class have taken a different approach to spellings. We have a sound for the week, it's a_e, ai, ay, and a. This is great because her and my son can do it together. We have a worksheet with a few words on it that they have had to put into the correct spelling lists. Then these words will be put into sentences, which they will have to write out in the spellings test. I don't know how this has gone down with the other children and Mums, but I personally think it's a great idea putting the spellings into the context of a sentence.
Getting back to Karma. I have mulled over what I read and I have read a bit more about 'free will'. It got really complicated and made me feel quite idiotic. I have always had my own sense of what is ethical behaviour. I believe that awareness of the full consequences of actions is the key to making better decisions. I also feel that when my actions have been selfish, my personal consequence have been ultimately negative. Whether, over time this experience has motivated me to have more altruistic goals I am not sure. I have a sense of energy in the world. Positive and negative energy. It's a bit like the kids film Monsters Inc where initially the world they inhabit is powered by fear, and then they realise it can be powered by laughter. At least I think that's what happens.  I try to power the world by being positive, so that positive energy is what surrounds me and all the people I care about, and the rest of the world too. Does that sound really ridiculous?

No comments:

Post a Comment