Sunday 27 May 2012

I've got that horrible Sunday feeling. I come down to earth with an extra big thud after a particularly lovely weekend. It's back to seriousness now and trying to get uniform and bags ready, cleaning children and doing reading and homework. My son was looking at his computer in his room at nearly midnight last night, which is most definitely against the rules, even if it was a Saturday. I've told him he is to be in bed by 7.30pm and asleep by 8pm all week, then awake under his own steam at 7am. He is most disgruntled to say the least. There haven't been many consequences of actions lately, and I think that this is a good punishment, because the extra sleep and more strict routine will actually do him some good. For now though, I think he's gone back to hating me!
It's another busy week for us. Thank heavens it's half term at the end of it. I still don't know what we're going to do for the hols. We should really make the most of it before my course starts. We are viewing a potential secondary school for my son tomorrow morning then I have the dentist in the afternoon. Then it's rangers club after school. I'm writing this down to try and commit the schedule to memory more than anything else!
The party in the park was nice, and we were lucky it didn't rain. We were just packing up as the beat boxing vicar was getting going. It was a lovely event and both children really enjoyed it. They did clean out my purse with a constant string of demands for 50p, but in this day and age you have to thank your lucky stars it wasn't a fiver a go! My friend just put the cherry on the top when she popped to the Coop for a couple of cans of Pimms and lemonade, and a lovely champagne and strawberry cake. She is an angel!
Unusually, my husband is out. He has popped down to the beach to join another friend of mine's husband fishing. He hasn't taken his rod, but he wanted to see what they had caught, and get some tips for catching his first bass.  I love it when he gets excited about things like fishing. His face lights up and his whole demeanor changes. It's so true that we derive happiness from 'doing' stuff. That reminds me, I still don't have a hobby. Oh yes I do, I blog ha ha ha.............


No comments:

Post a Comment