Thursday 10 May 2012

I have just had my lunch, a tiny bit of 2 day old leftover leeks and mushroom, still hungry. Tin of mackerel in teryaki sauce, strange and quite yuk (from the tin), still hungry. Lemon mousse which tasted like lemon cream cleaner, also yuk. STILL hungry so all topped off with a slice of toast and bovril. That's done the trick! It's absolutely peeing down, AGAIN, it's dark indoors and the rain is pouring off the back porch as it has no gutter, so the rain sounds even worse than it is. I am anxiously awaiting my sons return from school on his first day back, after his anxiety about going. I can feel a cold coming on, I must have caught his lurgy, and I have a strange gynecological pain rumbling on my right side. How are you all doing today, and what did you have for lunch?
I had a lovely phone conversation this morning with one of my best friends. I have known her all my life and she is 72 years old I think. She knows me inside out, and is always so interested in what I have to say. We don't get a chance to catch up that often any more, and I don't see her from one year to the next because she lives back in Essex. There is never any distance between us when we talk though. We just pick up where we left off. I follow what is going on with all her family and grandchildren, and she just makes me feel snuggly and safe and like someone really cares. I think that's how your parents are supposed to make you feel. Mine don't. I love my parents loads, and they love me tons too, but I don't think we have the kind of relationship that is conventional. I don't really feel sorry for myself on account of this; the more people I meet the more I realise that so many people have strange or weird parents, and that there are actually very few conventional families out there. Lots of people I know have lost either one, or both of their parents, so I actually feel lucky that I still have mine. I often wonder If I will become an unconventional bizarre parent when my children grow up. I wonder what they will think of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment