Saturday 5 May 2012

I should blog now because I am in the thick of preparing the meal for tonight, and I might not get a chance later. Our friends have a one year old,  so we are taking the meal to their house so he can be tucked up in bed at his usual time bless him. Got to recommend a bottle of wine we sampled last night. It was meant to go with the Italian meal but it was so good that we polished it off and I had to rush back this morning and buy another 6 bottles. It's a Blossom Hill Signature Blend and it's just called Italian Red. It's got a hint of cherry flavour and is really smooth and drinkable. It's on offer at Lidl, 3 bottles for £12. Get it while stocks last I say! I don't have sponsorship and won't get paid for saying that by the way.
Now I have to say my thank you prayers, for having met some amazing people in my life, and a second thank you prayer to facebook and other social media and the internet for allowing me to still be in touch with so many of them! Lots of my lifelong friends and acquaintances have taken the time to read my blog, for which I am touched and grateful. Moreover, they have actually applied themselves enough to give me some amazing constructive criticism and advice. To the person that said I need to stop writing like I'm writing an essay for my teacher, and write more like I talk, you are SO right. I'll really have to work hard on that, but it gives me something to work on, and a way to improve things, so that's brilliant. I'll definitely have to dust off some of my old stories too. There are some crackers that'll have me in stitches if no-one else. (have you noticed I'm trying to use more shortened things and abbreviations?)
It's already been a busy day. The roof has had some more work done on it, following some good advice last night from a builder friend (he liked the wine too by the way). My son has been to tag rugby on his bike, my daughter has been to her first 'Back To Broadway' drama session that my friend runs and she absolutely loved it. The pair of them are now at a joint birthday party, filling up on e numbers no doubt, and running around in the St Johns Ambulance hall, skidding on their knees and getting sweaty and hyper. What fun!
I have been shopping, twice. I have prepared 4 lovely banoffee desserts, puttanesca sauce and the squash and peppers and other veg are all in the oven roasting for the stuffed portobello mushrooms. Yummy. The children have just returned with red gunge around their mouths and 2 sacks full of sweets and goodies. I just said 'go on, eat it!' Once it's gone it's gone. What else can I do? If we save it, and dish it out sparingly, the saga and demands will go on for days!

No comments:

Post a Comment