Saturday 12 May 2012

Can't believe it, we all have a hint of sunburn! Saturdays are very busy in our house. Drama, tag rugby, DIY, tidying, washing, going out with the children etc etc. Today we played 'it' and hide and seek with walkie talkies in the park with some lovely friends and their children. We then discovered the pub garden at our local. I can't believe we have lived here for over a year and have never ventured into the Kings Arms before. They even gave us the key for the skittles alley. The garden is the size of a football pitch. It's fantastic.
My poor husband has to work tomorrow and feel very sad about that. He works every Sunday which is poo, especially when the weather is nice. It's great that he has Fridays off, and we get to have a grown up day together, but it's rubbish that we only get one day a week all together. I suppose we are much luckier than people who commute every day, and spend hours on smelly tubes and trains, and don't get home till really late every night. Our lives all have their positives and negatives, we just have to make the best of what we've got. And boy did we squeeze every last drop out of today! It feels like it's me that has been squeezed. I can't wait to collapse in my bed tonight.
I had a lovely email today from my best friend in France. She truly is a friend, and her message brought a tear to my eye. She said how she missed just being able to pop in for tea and talk. I really miss that too. She told me that her daughters are out playing in their little cobbled street, and sitting again on the lovely blue bench in front of their house that their Dad made (the bench not the house), and I could just picture them there, swinging their legs and laughing with Luisi, my sons best friend since he was 2! It would be so nice to be able to be transported back there for half an hour every week. I do feel quite nostalgic sometimes for our life in Prats De Mollo. I don't think we will be able to visit as I had hoped in June. Neither us nor our friends can afford it at the moment. My children need new passports and things keep breaking and leaking!
I hope you have all had a brilliant day today in the lovely sunshine. We have to make hay while the sun shines, especially here in England because it's supposed to be raining again on Monday lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment