Friday 11 May 2012

We are watching a film called Skeletons. It's an independent British film and it's a bit weird so far but I think it looks like it could be good. It's about exorcising the skeletons from peoples cupboards. I don't know if I will get the chance to find out if it is any good coz hubby has decided it's not his cup of tea. And, talking of tea, I need one.
I'm going to say something now that, ordinarily, I probably wouldn't have told anyone. A few days a go, a friend told me that she knows she is probably bonkers, or at least that she thought I would think she was bonkers, but that she has the strange notion that she can do healing. I actually didn't think she was bonkers, but at the same time, it's not something that I know a lot about, or have a strong view on one way or another. It's actually years, since I was a student or a teenager, since I thought about 'floaty' things like ouija boards, ghosts, healing, crystals, fortune tellers, psychics and all that stuff. Anyway, last night, I felt a really sore throat coming on. I had horribly itchy ears on the inside and that heavy, stinging feeling in m sinuses. Its the lurgy my children have both just had and I could really do without being ill again. I had 5 colds and coughs from Christmas right through to March this year. I got really run down and miserable, and I am a bit apprehensive about the same thing happening again. So, I got into bed and I held my right hand just above the skin of my throat, I was drawn to the gland area, slightly to the left of my neck, and as I held my hand there it started to feel really warm. I thought healing thoughts and I thought "I can do this". As it got warm, really warm, I thought that it was really working and I felt quite euphoric. I think that's the word. I slept amazingly. I didn't wake up in the night coughing or with a dry mouth and sore throat. The first I knew of anything, it was morning. When I am ill I usually feel especially terrible when I first wake up. But, when I first woke this morning, I forgot I was ill. I had a shower and I could feel a slight tickle in the back of my throat but that was all. However, as the day has progressed I have felt very tired. Incredibly tired in fact and I do still have a cold. I am reluctant to say it obviously didn't work and is a load of rubbish, but I can't really say definitively that it has worked either. I think there could be something in it. For example, I know lots of people with allergies that suffer, only when they know they have been near a trigger. If the are unaware, then they suffer no symptoms. I have seen the symptoms that they suffer when they know they have been near a trigger, and they are very real. This I think proves that there is a such a thing as mind over matter.
Well, changing the subject again, after school today we went for a picnic to the bluebell woods at Blackberry Camp. I think we were a bit late this year, and that they were a bit past their best. They were still stunning though, and I think we found a white bluebell. Do they exist?



No comments:

Post a Comment