Monday 30 April 2012

This picture doesn't really do it justice. I went down at high tide and the sea is wild again. That gunge on the beach is the weird sea foamy stuff that was actually reported on the ITV news and in the Metro, it is all quivering in the wind and looks like it is alive and breathing. Amazing, so lucky to have the beach at the end of the road. Took the doggies to the marshes this morning as well so my plan to get out and about is slowly taking shape. My plan not to give too much of my money to large supermarkets is not going so well. Not only do I give them too much money, I waste far too much of my time in them!

I had a fantastic day at home yesterday with a really good friend and her children. Whilst dodging the leaks and buckets, we talked non stop and drank too much wine. Not much wine, is too much for me these days. My limit is really 3 glasses before meltdown occurs, and I should drink water alongside my wine but I never seem to remember that until the morning after when I wake up and have to peel my tongue from the roof of my mouth. My husband, who doesn't really drink tries to remind me, he also gives me that look that says 'i think you have already had 3 glasses' but despite his best efforts I am usually having far too much fun by that stage to take heed of his very kind attempts at intervention. Luckily, it could have been a lot worse this morning. I got going pretty quickly, and didn't help at school today so didn't have to use my mushy brain too much. I have to plan a phonics session for tomorrow though for year 2. The sound is EW as in 'oo' or 'you' so I need to plan some games and get some word lists together for the morning.

My friend and I are trying to arrange a week at the house in France in half term with our children. It would be nice to go back with some people from the UK. I think my youngest daughter would be able to go to the park in the town, and maybe to the town square accompanied by my son and my friends eldest daughter. She was too young before we left, to go out with just her brother, but now she is 6, I think she would be OK there. There is hardly any traffic, it's a one way system through the town anyway, and everyone knows her too. The children would then have real freedom, and be able to do some exploring together. The weather should be pretty nice in June too, although the pool won't be open which is a shame. In France, municipal swimming pools are generally only open in July and August. Even when they are open you must remember that they shut for at least 2 hours for lunch! That means no relaxing all day by the pool and grabbing a bite to eat at the poolside snack bar. That would be far too civilised. The best rule of all, is the one my husband loves, the rule that states all male swimmers must wear nut-huggers. This rule doesn't bother me so much, in fact has made for entertainment on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment