Monday 23 April 2012

Today it is raining, not April showers but PROPER rain! Got soaked taking my daughter to school, even though we went in the car and dread to think how wet my son was when he got to school, as he opted to go by scooter ahead of us. Popped in to Tesco as I was in the car already, to grab a few healthy bits for my husbands new diet. Ended up spending over an hour there and coming home with much more than I anticipated. Nothing new there!

Do you struggle as much with as I do with time? Having looked yesterday at my aunts thoughts on happiness, I think that mastering time management has to be on the list of essentials, its right up there with gratitude. I am beginning a one year PGCE in September, which I know will be manic, and I really want to get stuck in to it now, to start reading and get prepared. My volunteer time at school has been reduced, which I thought was a good thing; it would give me time before my course started to get my house and family in good order, and do some extra phonics work with my son, who is seemingly dyslexic, and really finding things hard. However, too much time on my hands and a lack of structure to my day, has proven hard to handle and has allowed time for a lot of reflection, and some procrastination too. My aunts letter talked about deriving pleasure from activity. When I started this blog, I was supposed to fill in a profile section where I could list my hobbies and interests.

HOBBY - An activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.

I definitley think that things conspire to motivate me, whether I like it or not. I realised I don't have any hobbies so this sent me scurrying to bed with a notebook and pen to jot down a few ideas to help me get organised. I did go to sleep feeling happier with myself and I have some great intentions. I am going to get out and about a bit more and get a bit fitter and more active, that's for sure.  I want to blow the cobwebs away and take a fresh look at the world.

Its REALLY raining though........  I have written my blog today so that's something I have achieved. I have also discovered that there are lots of activities that give me pleasure; and that in reality there is quite a lot of time in the day spare to do more of them, I just have to use it wisely, so there is always hope.

As for interests, I am actually wondering, what do people class as interests? Are they the list of potential hobbies you would like to do if you found the time. Maybe they are the things that you have to do anyway but that you try to do conscientiously, like cooking and gardening, and try to make as pleasurable as possible. Or are they just the things that you find interesting? Whatever they are, my list in all three categories is pages long, so I am thinking this is a good thing!

Reading this back is strange as I try to work out how it will sound to someone else. I really need to stop using the word 'and' so much and get things in a more logical order before I start tapping at they keys. I think my sentences are too long which has now made me consider the use of semi-colons. I wonder, are they obsolete?

No comments:

Post a Comment