Tuesday 24 April 2012

The sun has returned, and school have asked me back! I wasn't going to make this an ongoing thing but a little sunshine and feeling needed and appreciated do make me happy. I accompanied year 2 on a trip to the play park this morning and we all had a brilliant time. The theme was loosely 'push and pull' and I took lots of pictures of the children heaving and shoving themselves around the equipment. I was reading last night about the educational benefits of play so I actually felt like I was seeing it in action. Its amazing how their eyes light up when they see a park and don't know what to go on first! Children are so fascinating, their capacity to find fun and true enjoyment in nearly everything they do is enviable. They can also determine very quickly if learning is disguised as a game, they know its a compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment