Friday 13 July 2012

The World Of Country Life was lovely, and I am whacked. Totally worn out! I think it's the coach travel that does me in. I hate it. There was one puke up, it came without warning and didn't make it to the bucket. Poor Miss Whitworth, the student who has been on my course this year, got the clean up job. I tried to help with my supply of wet wipes and perfume, so that we weren't gagging as much as we might have been.
The children had a brilliant day. There wasn't enough time to do everything, we could have stayed another few hours and still not got the most out of it. The weather was shocking, and my daughter felt icky on the way back, and was in tears when we arrived. I think she was just physically and emotionally drained. She puts so much into everything, that she's just wiped out after an event. I feel the same, so I can see where she's coming from. What a fantastic school though. The teachers and teaching assistants are amazing.
My husband's had a busy day, he's prepared our dinner and boarded some of the loft. He's repainted the bathroom floor and collected and put up the trellis to take the strain of the jasmine over the gate. He's a star! My daughter now has second wind, I, on the other hand, do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment