Friday 20 July 2012

Sorry, got a bit upset and emotional yesterday. Some people can be so hurtful and thoughtless. It was the last day of school today, and I swerved it completely. My husband is off on Friday's, so he did the school run, and came home with cards, photo's and wine as thank yous from my daughters' teacher. There was a class picture signed by all the children, so sweet and it got me all teary again. Flo took in a number 1 teacher pen for the teacher, and some fairy dust, in a bottle on a necklace, for the teachers assistant, as well as cards. Joe took cards and malteesers. I sent in cards for all the KS1 teachers and assistants, with some choccies and a birthday card book for Flo's lovely teacher. It's such a lovely school, just in general, but by comparison with France, well, there is no comparison.
This afternoon, Joe has gutted and filleted the mackerel he caught, then lightly seasoned them and drizzled them with olive oil, before putting a slice of lemon on top and grilling them to perfection. He made himself a salad and then served us up the mackerel, as he's unfortunately not keen on it himself.
He went along to the science roadshow at the town hall, which he really enjoyed, then they watched the Lorax, which they both loved. Joe's tooth came out in a toffee, Flo is having a sleepover in his room, to be near to the fairies when they come. All is well and good. Except me, I have a stinker of a cold. Just what I need at the start of the holidays.
The passports haven't come. We now have 3 nights booked in a ready tent at a lovely site in Pals on the Costa Brava, as well as flights and car parking, everything is crossed that they come soon.
I've had some really sad news today, two people in my family are splitting up, after being together for almost 25 years. I am totally shocked. It's such a shame. It's early days and not public knowledge, so I can't say anymore, other than how very sad I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment