Sunday 8 July 2012

It's been a very sunny day, yippee!! I hate lonely Sunday's without my husband. They make me grateful that I'm not a single parent. I often spare a thought for people bringing up children on their own. It must be really tough. Not just physically and emotionally, but not having another person there to hear and see what you experience, and share the daily grind, laughter etc must be very difficult.

I did some work on my first assignment about play in childhood today. Meanwhile, my children wound each other up and failed to play together nicely all day. Except when we finally got out of the house and went for a lovely walk with the dogs. We went to two parks and my son took his bike. They played and laughed together beautifully, it was a joy to see. Therein lies the moral of the story etc....

The silly Mildred Hubble dog had eaten all my strawberries (all 3 of them), and has made a good start on the raspberries. If it's not slugs and snails, it's a dog. Incredible!

Murray sadly lost the tennis. Maybe next time I reckon.

And oh, I nearly forgot to say that we nearly disappeared under flood water yesterday. It rained so much that the Axe Estuary almost burst it's banks and all the local fields were swamped and lake like, with everything but the tree tops submerged. Who would have thought it was July.

Husband STILL doesn't know what dates he can have off in August. The flight prices have all changed now, and it's going to be nigh on impossible to organise everything we need to organise in time, and cheaply now. So that's poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment