Wednesday 11 July 2012

Today has been exhausting! If ever I was thinking I'd like another baby, today was a great point in time to refer to and remind me what it's like having a baby, and that I 'm probably not up to the challenge. Three children under the age of 2 came to visit today. The toys in my playroom where not all entirely suitable, and mostly ended up tipped out in a heap on the floor, and then bashed very hard against the floor until they were practically smashed to pieces. As they reached for something I would see in my mind what was going to happen to it, then dash to get there first and try and sneak it away and offer an alternative. The crane ended up in the cupboard under the stairs and the china tea set just about managed to get put up high in time. There were a few casualties, and my daughter was furious when she got home tonight. She thought the play room was a real mess, I said 'now you know how I feel when I look in there after you've finished playing', she was not amused.
Year 1 are swimming tomorrow, so I am there all morning, then it's a trip to the World Of Country Life on Friday. Next week it's my daughters celebration assembly on Wednesday, and then I've been asked to help with the year 5/6 fun day for the rest of the day. That suits me, it's my Birthday, but I don't have other plans.
It's then Rainbows Olympic evening. Daughter came home tonight from Rainbows with a paper plate that I must fill with cheese and pineapple for her to take next week. Each child has a plate marked with a food. It was the Scouts AGM and BBQ tonight, so the boys have been there for the evening. My son is now in the bath getting rid of the bonfire smell that is customary after Scouts. Both children have a brother and sister friend over tomorrow for tea so it's macaroni cheese on the menu. Everything is just a blur at the moment and I'm sure to forget something major. I need to clear up the dinner things still and get my son off to bed. I won't be far behind if I'm lucky. I've painted another bit of floor today. Slow and steady wins the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment