Friday 6 July 2012

The fire is lit and we are awaiting a months worth of rain over the next 24 hours.... this summer is not panning out as it should. I have a poorly boy at home today, he was home yesterday as well. He has a really sore throat, feels like razor blades when he swallows, poor thing. I painted some stairs yesterday and cleaned the house from top to bottom, not that you would know it today as it is back to the usual state. My daughter had her favourite friend over for dinner. This is a friend that she thinks is the bees knees. A girl she thinks is just about the best at everything in the world. I have no idea why she thinks she is so much more impressive than her other friends, but it's just typical that this girl can take or leave my daughter. Isn't that always the way? I don't hold it against her, there are other girls that think my daughter is pretty cool, and she hasn't got the time of day for them really, so what goes around comes around, as they say. My Nan always used to say "you run, they follow, you follow, they run". She was talking about boyfriends, but I think the principle works well for children's friendships too.
I spoke to Grandma this morning, she has cataracts in both eyes and has been waiting to get them seen to since last November. How appalling. She lives at home totally independently at the age of 87, she's not a burden on anyone, not costing the NHS loads of money in care etc, and she can't see the ball or scores when she watches Wimbledon. We were talking about the film The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. I watched it recently, and she went to see it at the cinema and loved it. She said the guy that plays the owner of the hotel was brilliant and I suggested she would like Slumdog Millionnaire. I'm sure she would like it, so I said I would send it to her, but on account of her poor eyesight, she can't set up her DVD player, because the text on the menu screen is too small. I asked about getting her eyes done privately but she said it costs £2500 for each eye, and that she hasn't really got that kind of money. It's disgraceful!

No comments:

Post a Comment