Monday 9 July 2012

I read a friend from junior schools blog and it's brilliant! http://hpmcq.com She says things that are wonderfully true, and that I can totally identify with, and she puts them in such a brilliant succinct way. She has a real way with words. She doesn't tell everyone everything, and reveal all the mundane drivel that goes through her mind like I do, perhaps she doesn't have mundane drivel in her mind like I do! She is cool. I am not cool. Never mind, that's me. I bet she doesn't cut her own hair all off either lol.
Today I am cold. It is really cold. I have finished my assignment and mailed it off, so that's good and a weight off my mind. My son seems mildly boosted by the good comments in his school report, and my praise and encouragement. He is trying to be more organised and got his bag ready this morning and cut his nails, without prompting. They are attempting to go for a coastal walk with his class today. He is wearing shorts. I hope he isn't cold too.
I plan to do some reading and some tidying and washing. Talking of washing, my husband came home from work the other day and ripped his clothes off immediately, as if there were a bee up his jumper, he threw them down by the washing machine and then the stinky bonfire smell reached my nostrils. He had knocked off a glass bottle in the museum at work, which he subsequently found out contained a liquid called 'train smoke'. Apparently it is used to make the museum exhibits smell authentic and old. His clothes still smelled smoky after one wash, so did his phone cover which also went through at 60 degrees! He was mighty glad though that it had been 'train smoke' he smashed, because he found out the next day that the other bottle next to it contained 'farmyard'. It did make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment