Wednesday 27 June 2012

Is it only Wednesday! Mum and Cousin John got off OK today, and I think we can say the visit was good. Mum is proceeding with the house buying, it's a massive step for her. She's lived in Essex all her life. She's spent time in various other places, but she has never sold up and shipped out. Actually, it's monumental. I envisage melt down in the coming weeks before things get clearer in her mind. I am really looking forward to a new start for her. You only get one life, and whatever has passed, is past. The future can be better and brighter for everyone if we all want it, and we all make it happen.
I have spent the rest of the day researching more age appropriate material to help my son with his reading and spelling. I am starting to see him as a hugely bright and intelligent human being, and I'm trying to find less condescending and belittling ways of tackling his difficulties. Do you know, he is so clever, he could pass an entrance exam for grammar school if he had someone to read and write for him. If he were physically disabled he would have that allowance, but because his disability is invisible, he is already being denied opportunities that are rightfully his!
On a really positive note, I had a call today from a university friend who is a photographer. He invited us to a celebration of his upcoming marriage which is lovely, and he also said he would be delighted to spend a day with my son in his studio, showing him all the cameras and processes etc. My son will love that!!!!
It's a trip to the beach on the schedule tomorrow, with my daughters class. If the weather is the same tomorrow as it was today, I envisage the trip cancelled. It's not June weather. It's not even February weather at the moment. She has been to the police station tonight with Rainbows to have a look around. She had a great time. My son has been gardening at Scouts, he too had a great time and is feeling like he fits in there a bit better which is good news. He had a lovely shower tonight and declared that he would like to shower every morning from now on. Yippee! No more dragging him to the bathroom kicking and screaming. Well that's the theory, what actually happens in practice remains to be seen lol! Hope you are all OK. I wonder whats new in your lives lately? I feel like I've been out of touch for a while. Lots of love and night night for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment