Monday 18 June 2012

I love music. I don't play an instrument, and I don't even play music as much as I'd like any more. Partly because when I listen to music these days, I get very easily overwhelmed by it, and end up with a tear in my eye. I don't know if I was just born loving music, or if I've been surrounded by it from an early age, and that's what's formed my passions and taste. My Dad is a sound engineer and he's always been involved in the music industry. Some of my earliest memories of my Mum are of her loving a record so much, that she played it over and over and over. She did that with BA Robertson and Maggie Bell's Hold Me. Also, From a Jack to a King by Ned Miller, that one really crackled. She played Pink Floyd The Wall, Bob Marley Legend, Pat Benetar, Blondie Parallel Lines, REO Speedwagon, Lou Reed and so many more. My love of music throughout my life has meant that there are songs that have accompanied each period. If I think back to events, they are always characterised by certain songs. When I was 6 yrs old, I went to my first big concert at the Hammersmith Odeon. It was Manfred Mann's Earthband Chance tour.



















I had the night of my life and was thrilled to get back stage and see my Dad working. The atmosphere was amazing and the music was so loud. He is still touring now, he is in America at the moment, with Roger Waters from Pink Floyd. He has been on this tour for over a year. I love The Wall, but listening to it in concert almost every night for a year must be detrimental to your health! My Dad being away meant I couldn't send him a Fathers Day card yesterday. I sent him an email and I attached my favourite song at the moment. It's a lighthearted, uplifting catchy tune. I hoped it would make him think of me and be a good contrast to "Mamma Do You Think They'll Drop The Bomb".
The song I sent was this.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6dMFF_yts
I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment