Saturday 2 June 2012

I always used to think that school shows and events in France went on for hours and hours which was really tedious. They never started on time, and were usually held way past bed time. That is one thing that is much better in England. However, now I want to complain because the jubilee singing was so good, and such a lovely occasion, and I wanted it to last much longer! The same cannot be said of Sturstrom. The choral performance in the quarry caves was very 'arty'. The pebble orchestra, which was the children banging and scraping stones in the style of Stomp or Blueman Group, well they were brilliant, but as for the noise making of the rest of them, it was a hideous din in my uncultured view, it was such a shame as the quarry caves were beautifully lined with hundreds of tea-light candles. and the atmosphere and acoustics were amazing. Never mind, it was an experience.
Today, my lovely husband has finally managed to put a new roof on the shed. Just in time before it rained as well. He's done a really good job. Talking of rain, it has set in, and I fear it is going to rain for most of tomorrow as well. I'm really not looking forward to the picnic. If it's bad weather it will be a real chore, and I am in the mood to wear pyjamas and potter at home. Sadly, the children won't see it my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment