Friday 8 June 2012

Devon is incredibly windy, it has been quite wet and is now just grey and miserable. I am nevertheless, happy to be home. We had a really lovely time in Croxley Green with my Uncle. The children love family and really enjoyed spending time with everyone. Uncle has a 3D tv which was brilliant. The children watched Happy Feet 2 and tried to catch the bubbles at the end. Marvin, my cousins Staffy was a real hit with the little ones. They loved him. I am always wary of those muscly dogs, but I have to agree that he is a nice natured, very lovable fellow. I wasn't quite so keen on him the night he slept on my side of the bed with my son! I couldn't get him to budge over, no matter how hard I tried.
We spent most of today unpacking, and then re-packing for scout camp. My son has set off for Taunton now, on the minibus with the other scouts and some of his old cub mates. I really hope the weather improves. Every camp he's been on so far has been torrential rain. At least this time there is no school on Monday, so he has time to recover.
My daughter, who has spent most of the week being contrary mary, and saying the opposite of whatever he says, and generally tormenting him and making his life hell, sobbed as he drove off in the bus. "I want to go to camp" she wailed, missing him before he had even pulled out of the car park! Typical. As compensation, we treated her (and us) to a chinese takeaway tonight. We really pushed the boat out and went for half a crispy duck with pancakes. She liked the prawn crackers and the egg fried rice. Can't really call that a success. She loved the Mars ice cream for afters though.
We stopped off at the beach on the way home and collected some driftwood. It was lovely to get blasted by the sea salty wind. The smell of the sea air is lovely. There is no better place than the beach when it's windy. Generally, I hate wind. It is bothersome in all circumstances, other than just standing in it and appreciating it for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment